Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Incredible Vegetable Sandwich

I don't order in very often.  You know by now I love to cook, but there certainly days when I'm feeling less inspired or maybe just too tired (cute little rhyme right there, no?...) and luckily, in the great city of New York I can reach for the phone and have just about anything I'm craving delivered to my door in 30 minutes or less.
A few weeks ago I was having one of those days, and I couldn't decide what I wanted to eat.  I knew I wanted to keep it healthy, but my options were limited.  Sushi?  Meh.  I order sushi about once a week.  It's my staple "I don't want to cook, but I want to eat healthy" go to.  Greek?  Hmmm.  Mmmmaybe - but my local Aegean eatery, Ethos always includes a decadent and free (!) Galaktoboureko for dessert, and it would be rude for me to turn it down.  As I surfed Menu Pages, I found a spot I've walked by many times, but for one reason or another never got to try.  I double clicked and was transported to a world of great reviews and healthy goodness.  I was excited, but was now faced with a new challenge:  How could I choose just one thing. It all sounded so good.  What the hell am I going to order?!

I present to you my decision: (which I plated for your enjoyment, tyvm)

 
Incredible, right?  Would I lie?  Never.

Here we have Organique's Vegetable Panini.  This whopper of a sandwich is chock-full of portabello mushrooms, eggplant, roasted red peppers, squash, zucchini, and grilled onions topped with fresh smoked mozzarella and a schmear of sun dried tomato spread pressed between two slices of fresh baked, crusty, grilled to perfection focaccia. Add some of their baked sweet potato fries in the mix and that's a party in your mouth.  The best part?  You get the whole shebang for a recession friendly $11.

Your welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment